There are millions of people all over the world who are affected by hair loss that includes both men and women. Although men hair loss is quite common compared to women but still there are many who do not have much idea about why this happens. In some cases, the problem starts in the teenage and by the time you reach your mid 20s, it is only a barren land you are left with on the scalp. It is quite understandable that you try out a number of remedies to control the situation. However, it is good to know about a few things before going for any treatment.
- Losing up to 100 hairs daily is considered normal as these get replaced by new hair naturally. Men Hair loss process starts if the rate of hair fall increases at an alarming rate.
- Sometimes, new hairs that replace the old ones grow slowly and are often very thin, which may also be the considered as the onset of hair loss.
- The most common Male Pattern Baldness (MPB) is a genetic characteristic called Androgenetic Alopecia and it is often thought to be inherited.
- There is a male hormone Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) that is derived from androgen. When the androgen circulates in the bloodstream, it gets converted into DHT by the enzyme called 5-alpha reductase.
- When the production of DHT goes beyond a certain limit, it causes the follicles to grow thinner and thinner until there is no more growth, and the follicles eventually wither away.
The men hair loss can be controlled by a number of medicines available in the market today in shape of hair care products as well as medicines. However, when no remedy proves to be effective then the only solution you are left with is undergoing surgical hair transplant. Nowadays, you have the option of two method available known as Strip harvesting (FUT) and Follicular Unit extraction (FUE).