Over the years hair transplant has proved to be the only reliable solution for bald scalps. Now people do not find ease with artificial hairs to cover their scalps. Now-a-days they are just outdated. In past medicines were highly appreciated by people with acute hair loss. But they are also losing doctors’ attention as they have in no comparison with hair restoration surgery.
Following are some reasons behind the success of the treatment.
- Hair transplant gives permanent hair.
- It is minimally invasive procedure.
- It is a one time investment.
- Apart from growing hair on scalp, it can grow eyebrows, eyelashes, beard hair, moustache, and chest hair.
- No general anesthesia, only local anesthesia is used.
- Transplanted hairs do not need extra care. You can shampoo and brush them and they do not fall out.
Benefits of hair transplant
- People who have bald scalps or significantly thin hair often suffer from a deteriorating self-confidence. Hair transplant gives you confidence.
- It increases your self-esteem. Research has shown that hair transplant enhances self-esteem of a person.
- People who have bald scalps often grow an increased sense of self-consciousness. They develop a feeling that everyone is looking at them. Having new hair, sets them free from this self-conscious.
Modern procedures for hair transplant
There are multiple methods that surgeons are using for hair restoration. Strip removal is a widely used procedure of donor hair harvesting. It is an old approach, leaves a linear mark on scalp and offers a long recovery time; usually 2 weeks. However, it transplants an increased number of hair follicles.
FUE hair transplant is a modern approach and is used to extract follicles which contain 1-4 hairs. The procedure uses local anesthesia and is highly appreciated for several reasons.
- It does not give a linear scar.
- FUE hair transplant gives short recovery time. Most often patients go to their work the same day after surgery.
- It ensures minimal post-surgical pain.
- FUE produces natural looking results and no one can guess that you had a hair transplant.
- Only experienced and skilled surgeons perform FUE hair restoration.
Automated FUE hair transplant
Separation of hair follicle from surrounding skin is the most difficult step in a FUE hair transplant. It requires a perfect alignment of dissecting instrument with the hair follicle and surgeon has to punch exactly on the centre of hair follicle. This makes this procedure hectic and the surgeon has to repeat the step hundreds even thousands of time.
With the use of robots in FUE procedure, surgery has become somehow easy for the surgeon. Robot uses pneumatic pressure for assisting in extraction and plantation of follicle. Only highly skilled and experienced surgeons use automation in hair transplant procedure because the success of the treatment is still dependent upon the surgeon’s skill set while machines assist the surgeon, only.
Advantages of robotic hair transplant
- Robot assists in extraction of hair follicle and the surgeon does not have to touch the follicle or use forceps for their extraction.
- Use of machine ensures the safety of hair follicles.
- An increased number of follicles can be transplanted safely.
- Automation has made the procedure quick so, surgery takes lesser time.
Hair loss in not a problem anymore because now we are better equipped with hair restoration surgery that has the ability to grow our hair permanently again.