Are you among those who always wonder what hairstyle choices they are left with due to a continuous hair loss? Or are you just too scared that a bald scalp haunts you in nightmares? You are not alone. You are not helpless either!
You might have spent hours in daily or weekly hair care routines but once lost you cannot grow them back without a hair transplant treatment. Do not feel helpless because there are many people around the world who are going through same situation. Many others, who wanted to have a permanent cure, have benefitted from hair transplant. I am quite sure you will find the surgery helpful because it is just awesome!
Hair transplant moves your hair follicles from one part of your body to another part. You can say that it extracts hair from one site or part of body and plants it to a site where you have hair thinning or bald patch. It has won acceptance from healthcare authorities around the world and received an amazing level of public appreciation. It is an ideal choice for you because
- It regrows hair permanently
- It is a one time expense. Rather I would call it an investment.
- It is minimally invasive and new procedure used for hair transplant involves lesser discomfort.
- You will have a short recovery time in an exchange of permanent hair.
Hair transplant cost
Most often, cost plays the central role in deciding whether to go for a treatment or not. People have a common misconception that hair transplant cots are too high to be affordable but in actual, it is not the case. Hair transplant cost is dependent upon various factors that determine how much you will have to pay. Let’s see what are these factors.
- Many surgeons charge per graft. It means cost will increase as the number of grafts increases. You can opt for lesser number of grafts in order to get your treatment done at a lower cost. Moreover, you can find a surgeon who offers per graft discount when number of grafts needed to be transferred crosses a certain limit.
- Procedure of surgery is a major determinant of cost. Traditional methods like strip harvesting cost less than modern FUE hair transplant. Each technique has its own set of benefits and disadvantages.
- Last but not the least, experience, repute and skills are also important. Experienced surgeons who have excellent repute charge high. There are some American board certified hair transplant surgeons who are masters of their field and are popular for their finest surgeries. You may find their charges high but they work for the best and natural looking results. On the other hand, there are many inexperienced surgeons who trap people through their less cost and sometimes end up with bad hair transplants.
Hair transplant procedures
Strip harvesting is a traditional method. Its procedure involves removing of a strip from back of the scalp, extracting hair follicles from the strip and planting these follicles on the bald or balding site. This method is used to transfer large number of hair follicles in one session.
FUE hair transplant is a modern technique and gives minimum post-surgical pain. Experienced and skilled surgeons practice follicular unit extraction because the technique is not simple and requires an intense labor from surgeon. FUE hair transplant does not leave a linear scar on scalp.
Each technique used in hair restoration has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Your surgeon is the right person to decide which method would suit you the best.