Hair transplant has seen a lot of development in the last few decades. Hair transplant gained huge acceptability when it started producing natural looking results. Surgeons discovered that planting hair in the form of grafts produces most natural results. However, they were still waiting for an improvement in the method of extracting donor hair from the donor site. The answer came in the form of FUE (follicular unit extraction). Traditionally, surgeons removed a strip of scalp containing donor hair follicles from the donor site and separated individual hairs from it. In FUE however, surgeons remove hair follicles one by one, eliminating the need of removal of a strip. This innovation opened new avenues of possibilities for hair transplant seekers. Here is a list of major FUE hair transplant benefits:
- Less invasive procedure: FUE is a less invasive procedure and it does not require removal of skin. Therefore, people who are afraid of invasiveness of skin removal can opt for FUE.
- Less bleeding: Although bleeding has never been a major issue with a hair transplant, FUE further reduced the chances of bleeding. There is negligible bleeding in FUE hair transplant method.
- No linear scar: FUE method does not produce linear scar at the donor site. It only produces small pinhole scars, but they are easy to conceal and most patients report that these tiny scars do not bother them.
- Use of body hair: FUE can harvest hair follicles from almost any area of the body. This ability of FUE is especially valuable for people who lack hairs on their head, but have enough hairs on chest, legs, or other body parts.
- Less downtime: Downtime is a major issue for many busy people. FUE is a method of choice for people, who cannot afford long downtime.
- Less discomfort: Due to its non-invasive nature, the discomfort in FUE method is considerably less than strip removal. There are no stitches to remove and no stiffness in the neck!
The choice of the procedure still lies with you. If you want more information according to your specific needs, feel free to contact us for further guidance. Use our free online consultation service by filling the consultation form. You can also send us your pictures through email. Our surgeons and qualified staff will examine your condition and make sure that you have the best hair transplant experience.