Radio frequency treatments use energy from radio frequency to treat a number of issues related to dermatology and cosmetology. Employing RF to achieve facial rejuvenation is relatively a newer concept. However, these treatments have a long history to combat multiple issues and are currently used for
- Pain management (headache, neck pain, back pain, back pain, occipital neuralgia)
- Face and neck lifting
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Decreased glow of skin
- Decreased laxity of skin
- Fat deposits
- Loose skin
- Facial rejuvenation
Radio frequency treatments have won a general acceptance from dermatology community. Various facial skin issues are addressed through this technology.
Hide age signs through radio frequency treatments
Radiofrequency treats early signs of aging like wrinkles and saggy skin. It works amazingly well for moderately saggy skin. As a general rule, people who are above 30 but below 50 years of age are good candidates for it.
Dermatologists use a hand piece that emits RF waves. These waves penetrate into deep skin layers, causecontraction of collagen fibers and initiate new collagen production. Skin becomes tight and you see an improvement in your sagging and drooping skin.
It also treats double chins. It improves skin laxity and enhances skin tone. However, a radio frequency treatment does not work well for excessively wrinkled skin.
Benefits of radio frequency treatments
- They are simple, easy and quick.
- You are ready to resume your daily routine right after the treatment. It means no downtime!
- They leave outer layer of skin intact.
- They work well for all skin types, unlike lasers which are more appropriate for fair skin tone.
- They are minimally painful. Alternatively, you can say that they are discomforting.
- Radio frequency treatments iron out wrinkles and fine lines and in doing so they also treat acne scars and loose skin. You will experience a glowing effect after treatment and it would also increase skin laxity.
Potential risks and complications
- Most likely, you will have a mild redness that will soon subside and you will be able to go to your work right after the treatment.
- Usually, treated area swells temporarily.
- Level of pain and discomfort is difficult to quantify because what is painful for one person may not be painful for another person. Normally, patients find RF treatments minimally painful.
- Rarely, depressions are formed in the treated area, atrophy; a situation where tissues become overly tight and give sunken in appearance. You must report it to your practitioner if you develop atrophy. It is generally said that such issues arise when dermatologists use a machine above the maximum stated frequency level.
Radio frequency treatments are definitely your call if you want to get rid of your age signs. Reduce your wrinkles and look youthful!