A brow lift is also known as forehead lift or browplasty. It aims at elevating the brows and removing fine lines that appear on forehead and often make you look angry and tempered. Browplasty changes the position of soft tissues of forehead and reduces the sagginess of skin in the eyebrows.
Browplasty has an amazing longevity in results if it is done by experienced surgeon and on an ideal candidate. Most often people feel the results of the surgery even after several years.
Endoscopic brow lift
Endoscopic brow lift procedureis a popular choice among people who want to have a brow lift or forehead lift. Reasons behind its admiration are:
- It is lesser invasive than other techniques used for brow lift.
- While traditional brow lift procedures need large incisions (ear to ear in case of coronal forehead lift), endoscopic browplasty is usually performed through two or three small incisions.
- It involves lesser bleeding.
- It offers quick healing process.
Surgeon inserts a small camera through the small incision, watches tissues on monitor and makes required adjustments in muscles and tissues. These adjustments may include removing and reshaping of muscles and tissues. Surgeon lifts skin to remove wrinkles and elevate brow. Skin may or may not be sutured to support the elevated skin. Incisions are then closed with stitches.
After endoscopic browplasty
- Stitches are usually removed in ten days after surgery.
- Your surgeon may prescribe you a painkiller.
- Make sure that you have plenty of ice. Place ice packs on sutures.
- Keep your head high while sleeping with you 3 or more pillows.
- Regularly apply prescribed ointment on sutures.
- You have to wait at least for two weeks to perform any strenuous activity.
Potential side effects and complications of endoscopic brow lift
- Numbness or tingling
- Possibility of nerve damage
- Loss of hair along the scar edges
Bleeding, swelling, bruising and numbness are temporary side effect of the surgery. Endoscopic browplasty does not cause any permanent or serious risks if a trained surgeon performs the treatment.