Many people are of the view that removing a tattoo is somewhat equally as painful and uncomfortable, as getting one. Nevertheless, now with the availability of laser tattoo removal it is no more a hard nut to crack getting your clear skin back. The procedure is kind of fairly new to the people with variable success rate but the results are way better than the creams, dermabrasion, salanation methods in use for many years. If you think that your tattoo is creating problem for you in any way, or you have just become tired of it being there for a long time then the procedure may be of great help.
There is no doubt that laser treatments have proved to be more of a blessing for people who have always avoided undergoing any invasive surgical procedures with an aim to make a physical improvement. However, it is good to have some inkling about each procedure such as laser tattoo removal. Listed below are some of its exclusive features:
- The procedure makes use of laser light for the purpose of removing tattoos. The laser specifically targets the colors within the tattoo and breaks apart the ink. Once this happens, the coloring starts fading and disappears.
- Since all the colors is not the same or created equally so black fades much quicker than other colors such as red, purple, or green. This is because black color absorbs the laser’s heat easier and better than colored ink.
- It usually takes several visits for the tattoo to diminish completely. There are a lot of factors that determine the number of sessions required in laser tattoo removal. For example, the size and how far into the skin the ink is, along with various colors of the ink all matter.
- Some people may continue sitting through a session until it becomes painful. Hence, the pain threshold also determines the number of sessions needed. There are people who can sit for several hours, and some are hardly able to bear twenty minutes.
- After the session is completed for the particular day, the doctor covers up the treated area with an antibiotic cream and places dressing and bandages so that there is no infection. There can be a slight discoloration of the skin in the treated area but this will go away later on so is completely normal.
- It is worth mentioning here that laser tattoo removal is quite expensive and the cost sometimes maybe even more than getting a tattoo itself. The cost could be anywhere between a couple of hundred dollars to as much as several thousand dollars to have it removed.