If you plan to undergo surgical hair restoration but do not have inkling about how the procedure works, then let us start proceedings with skimming through strip hair transplant. Also known as FUT, the technique has well and truly created a never ending revolution in the world of cosmetic surgery. For people who had lost hair completely or partially, the surgery proved to be nothing less than a blessing. However, there are many who are just a touch reluctant undergoing this surgical method of hair restoration. Listed below are some exclusive features of the surgery, which may be handy towards making a well informed decision.
- As the name implies, the surgeon removes a strip of hair from the back of your head, which is the main donor area by making a cut. You will be given local anesthesia when undergoing strip hair transplant.
- Once the strip is removed, the surgeon closes the space created due to removal with the help of sutures so that there is no or minimal bleeding.
- The strip is placed under a very high-powered microscope where it is divided into small grafts with the help of blade.
- After this, the surgeon makes small holes in the recipient area with the help of special punches and the prepared grafts are carefully inserted into those holes.
- The surgeon covers the head with the help of bandages, which are removed within the next couple of days. You will be prescribed painkillers to minimize any discomfort after the surgery.
- The stitches made after strip hair transplant are removed after one or at the most two weeks. However, this depends on how quickly you are able to recover.
- You may experience some swelling in the forehead and surrounding regions. Nevertheless, it goes away within a few days, else you can always get back to the surgeon for any complications.
- Avoid any strenuous activities for atleast 6 months because the new hair growth does not start overnight. It may take almost a year when you will be able to notice actual results of the surgery.