All of us lose hair every day, and the count could be somewhere in between 50 to 100 strands. Actually the hair that falls undergoes the “Telogen” stage of the hair life cycle from where it grows back after a few months. This is a normal occurrence that takes place on more than 70% of the scalp so no need to worry about it. However, you should think about how to prevent hair loss when the hair falls out more than it should, and a hairline starts to recede. This could well be an indication of alopecia that most of the times results in baldness.
- Fortunately, there are several solutions that can be tried to prevent loss of hair in men as well as in women. Considering that hair loss in men is more frequent compared to the women. Consequently, listed below are some methods so as to prevent men hair loss.
- Taking appropriate medication can prove to be fruitful provided that it is taken during the early stage of loss of baldness. Some of the commonly known hair loss treatments include Rogaine, Spironolactone, Propecia and Finasteride.
- You may also go natural and take advantage of herbal supplements available in the market. Brahmi, Saw Palmetto, Stinging Nettle, China root, Amla, and Lycium are all known to counter hair fall and induce potency of hair cells.
- A very effective way of how to prevent hair loss is regular cleansing of the scalp as it helps putting off the occurrence of fungal infection. Regular conditioning is essential to bring back the moisture and natural oil in the hair but chemical based hair solutions like gels and hairsprays must be avoided.
- There are several forms of mental and physical relaxation that you can choose from to prevent hair loss in men – yoga, tai-chi, massage, meditation, etc. Besides, including nutrients in your diet such as Vitamin C and E, zinc, magnesium, and omega 3 fatty acids can also help keeping hair in good shape.