Liposuction is a surgical procedure whereby pockets of excess fat are removed from certain parts of the body. These usually stubborn parts do not leave you despite dieting or exercising. In such a case, going under the knife is the best and only option. Most common areas for liposuction surgery are the stomach, buttocks, and thighs.
If you are considering getting liposuction done, the first thing that you would naturally think about is how much it costs. Of course, the idea is too tempting, to have all your excess fat and cellulite removed to get a perfectly contoured body. However, it is important to know whether you can afford this treatment.
A number of factors contribute to the cost of Liposuction, as this surgery is no joke and requires only the most qualified and experienced of surgeons to perform. The cost of liposuction is a sum of the non-surgical as well as the surgical costs involved in the operation. Non-surgical costs include:
- The cost of the operating room
- The nursing staff’s salary
- The cost of tests
- The cost of the clinic attire that you wear
- Fixed costs such as heating and electricity
The other costs are the surgical costs that are directly related to the surgery. These include:
- Surgeon’s fees – A more qualified surgeon with more experience would generally charge a higher fee.
- The medical facility they work with also affects their fees
- Some facilities have higher fees for support staff than others
- The number of liposuction surgeries you get, as some people get more than one done. The price for the first one is considerably greater than the second one.
- The part of your body where you get liposuction done (it is easier on fatty areas and more difficult on less fatty areas such as the cheeks or chin hence, pricier)
- Anesthesia Fees
- Amount of fat removed (the more the fat removed the higher the fees)
Another fact that most people are unaware of is that the fat on men is harder to remove than the fat on women owing to its fibrous nature, therefore liposuction for men costs relatively higher than that for women.
It is important to approach a credible doctor for the procedure of liposuction so that he can give you an exact amount instead of keeping you in the grey area about the cost. Such a doctor may not be a reliable one.
In addition, before undergoing liposuction, you will be required to use natural methods of weight loss such as calorie control, physical activity, healthy eating to reduce the risk involved in the surgery. The price range for liposuction in Pakistan could be anywhere between 1.5 to 2.5 lac varying for each patient.